Tradition Nine: SAA, as such, ought never be organized, but our groups may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
Upcoming Service Opportunities Available!!
Each year we cycle out our Service Positions and hold elections for positions requiring more responsibility for San Jose SAA and our meetings. Such as the Officer positions responsible for paying rent for our space and such. Or Online Presence which helps maintain our website and online meeting lists.
If you're interested in learning more about the available positions and what type of service they help provide the group. Click the button below to see more information on the available service positions.
We will be voting on these positions at the January Business meeting. In the meantime check out the form or ask email@example.com.
Looking for Other ways to be of service?
Try some of these simple methods of being of service below
- If you have a recommendation for a new space or maybe a space we can rent out from a nearby church hit up firstname.lastname@example.org in assisting the relocation committee.
- Able to help move furniture and able to meet in person in Tempe AZ? San Jose SAA is moving by the end of this month. There's a sign-up sheet in the room to help assist in the move.
- Make an Outreach call! Maybe your not struggling today; but the people you call may be, and they could use some support. It takes a village to get sober not just the individual.
- Sign up for a Trusted Servant Position. If you attend In-Person meetings go sign up on the board. It's not hard as you just read from a scripted book, and it's a good way to make sure you show up earlier. For being a trusted servant for online meetings here's the sign-up form!
- Attend a Meeting and Participate
- Donate to the 7th Tradition - Our room and online meetings don't stay open by themselves. Its thanks to contributions by our members of SAA that keep the meetings going. If you're able to contribute make a donation at one of our meetings.
- Join a Committee - Although we elect Chair positions to lead a committee. The amount of service needing to be done on some of these committees can be a lot for one person. Reach out to them to see if you can do anything to help them out.
- Become a Sponsor or Temporary Sponsor. To help newcomers with forming their circles & working Step 1 till they find someone.
The 7th Tradition isn't just about money it can be about time or money dedicated to service. If you can't donate then try to find a way to give back.
How to Attend
To keep meetings going we have monthly business meetings. Business Meetings are held the 1st Saturday of the Month at 10am.
If you're looking to attend a Business Meeting hosted on Zoom please reach out the Secretary at email@example.com with the Subject: "looking to attend the business meeting".
You should get a response fairly quickly with the information to attend the Zoom Meeting. After emailing the secretary chair please review the ByLaws below.
San Jose SAA ByLaws
San Jose SAA follows our very own created ByLaws in our Business Meetings to help keep order and accomplish agenda items in a reasonable time frame. The ByLaws were created based on Roberts Rules; however, San Jose SAA doesn't support nor endorse Roberts Rules. We have found them useful in completing business-related tasks. If your looking to attend a Business Meeting it is highly encouraged that you review our ByLaws.
To address the needs of our fellowship at our monthly Business Meetings we go over items added to the agenda as Old Items, and New Items.
Old Items are agenda items we didn't get to address within the 2 hour meeting time frame or the person wasn't available to address the issue.
New Items are submitted via the link below and as long as its been submitted 7 days before the next Business Meeting the item will be added to the meeting as a New Agenda Item. Note after committee reports are done the agenda items follow. If there are any old items not addressed they will be addressed prior to newly submitted agenda items.